PhilaSoup Ambassador Program
Applications for our 2015-2016 are now open. Apply here.
The PhilaSoup Ambassador program identifies local volunteers interested in hosting a Soup event in their communities to fundraise for school programming or other local education-focused initiatives. PhilaSoup provides support in planning and fundraising to our Ambassadors, as well as other opportunities for leadership. In addition to logistical support, PhilaSoup also matches all raised donations up to $500.
Who We Are Looking For
Ambassadors can be any members of the Philadelphia community who have the vision, capacity, and enthusiasm to plan an event that brings community members together around a need their local school, and its students, are facing. These can include parents, neighbors, teachers, school personnel, etc. We will be selecting two teams of Ambassadors, each comprised of 2-3 members, to host Ambassador Soups in the spring of 2016.
Our Ambassadors have two main goals:
1. Facilitating the creation of sustainable, neighborhood-based Soups to support local student needs
2. Becoming involved in sharing the mission and work of PhilaSoup
What does a PhilaSoup Ambassador Do?
- Receive training and event plannng support in the fall of 2015. In the spring of 2016, each Ambassador team will organize a localized Soup in their community, which will support local students.
- Encourage teachers, parents, administration, and other school partners to attend and submit proposals to the four annual city-wide PhilaSoup events, and share the PhilaSoup mission with their community
- Attend at least one PhilaSoup event, outside of their own Ambassador Soup
- After successful completion of their Soup, Ambassadors are invited into a leadership role within PhilaSoup, such as a committee or board position.
- One-on-one support training in creating a micro-grant event to support innovative initiatives in your own community that support young people and educators
- Fundraising matched up to $500 based on what your event raises
- Leadership opportunities within PhilaSoup
Application Timeline :
Application Opens: 8/5/2015
Application Closes: 9/1/2015
Notification of Acceptance: by 9/15/2015
PhilaSoup Ambassador Training: 10/4/2015, 10:00am-1:00pm
Check back for more updates or join our mailing list to be the first to hear about exciting developments!