Mission: To bring together diverse sectors of the Philadelphia education community as the convener of innovative ideas and mutual support, ultimately enhancing the learning experiences of our students.
Vision: To create a positive professional environment that values and convenes educators from diverse backgrounds, and brings creative and exciting ideas to life in classrooms across the city.
Our Dinners: Participants come together for a simple supper. Everyone brings $15, which becomes the grant for the night. During dinner, educators present their ideas for projects they would like to fund with the night’s microgrant. Each presenter has 3 minutes to present and then a few minutes to answer questions. At the end of the presentations, everyone votes for the project that they would like to give the largest portion of the night's grant to. Every teacher receives a percentage of the funds, and PhilaSoup matches the night's sales to make grants even bigger!
Leadership: The 2016-2017 PhilaSoup Board of Directors includes:
- Luz Angela Bolivar, Partnerships Team Leader
- Caitlyn Flowers
- Justine Haemmerli, President
- Rachel Hodas, Proposals Team Leader
- Victoria Johnson
- Amy Leigh, Outreach Team Leader
- Ericka Morris, Outreach Team Leader
- Carlye Norton
- Justin Purohit, Treasurer
- Elizabeth Schlax, Vice President
- Vanessa Snyder
- Kajsa Thompson, Events Team Leader
- Jacob Waters
- Mindy Zacharjasz, Secretary